You can learn more about my step-by-step Video Course for Beginners by reading my (free) answer to question No. 17 from our detailed FAQs (http://www.pianocareeracademy.com/faqs/).
The tutorial above is Lesson No. 1 from this Course. On top of giving you detailed practice tips for the first 7 pieces from Nikolaev’s School, I also share the fundamental ‘building blocks’ of piano playing – information that all beginners (and their teachers) should know.
00:14. Nikolaev’s Russian School of Piano Playing – a short overview.
00:56. The 3 Main Piano Pillars that should be harmoniously combined in a beginner’s practice.
02:37. Let’s have fun! Learning the correct posture and key attack while picking out by ear easy melodies.
03:40. The Basic Playing Movements.
05:58. Piano Fingering. Our Fingers and Their Numbers.
06:36. What is non-legato? Practicing Piece No. 6 – Corn-Flower.
09:26. The first 7 pieces from Nikolaev’s School: detailed demonstration.
13:05. Inventing your own melodies.
14:34. Picking out by ear your favorite songs.
15:11. Starting to explore the Basics of Musical Notation.
16:05. The Main Note Durations: the whole note, the half note and the quarter note.
16:46. The Main Time Signatures.
17:52. The Basics of Conducting
19:12. The Staff and the Clefs.
Also, don’t miss my free article that complements the video above:
Nikolaev’s Russian School of Piano Playing. Video Course for Beginners. Lesson No. 1
PianoCareerAcademy.com is the only Holistic Piano Coaching Program on the Internet where you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn the professional secrets of the Russian Piano School via my holistic approach on piano playing, music and life.
Join our wonderful piano community to get access to hundreds of exclusive, detailed, in-depth piano playing tutorials (including step-by-step courses) – and to many other awesome interactive features!
The membership includes:
– 24/7 access to ALL our hundreds of video and written tutorials;
– Access to our step-by-step video courses (the Course for Beginners, the Scale Course);
– New tutorials every week;
– Downloadable scores and method books (including unique materials we use in the Russian piano school);
– The “Questions & Answers” project (monthly videos where I answer your questions!);
– Thousands of captivating piano conversations with piano students/teachers/enthusiasts from the entire world;
– The possibility to submit recordings in our MasterClass and receive my detailed video feedback;
– The possibility to chat with other members of our big community, to share your recordings and your piano progress with them;
– Piano motivation, inspiration, health advice;
– … and much much more!
You can find out more about the functionality of PianoCareerAcademy.com by reading our super-detailed FAQs:
Follow me on Facebook:
Follow me on Twitter:
Tweets by pianocareer
Follow me on Google+:
Follow me on Pinterest: